Role: Part Time Legal Secretary
Salary: £10-£12 per hour
Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Our client is a law firm with offices in the Yorkshire region.
* Provide a full and effective secretarial support for the department as per the Legal Secretary JD (Appendix A - attached);
* Working with team members to assist in handling probate matters, Wills, Powers of Attorney Trusts and Court of Protection work;
* Exposure to residential matters regarding TWE and Trust deeds, sales, purchases;
* Copy typing and digital dictation to prepare general correspondence and composing letters;
* Managing and administering high volume of incoming and outgoing post;
* Managing incoming and outgoing post/faxes for the department, including urgent hand deliveries;
* Answering high volume of telephone calls and taking messages, subsequently arranging appointments on behalf of senior members of the team;
* Answering client queries where possible;
* Create own standard letters through in-house Case Management system
* Taking minutes from team meetings;
* Managing billing and preparing files for archiving, paying in and requesting cheques;
* Booking rooms for meetings;
* File opening;
* Prepared to assist in other departments as an when required;
* Assisting in administration of charity work, social enterprises group, setting up charities status, duties and obligations etc
* Demonstrate an awareness of in house standards both on an individual basis and the firm as a whole
* Carry out any other reasonable tasks as and when required
* Production of all the department’s documents and correspondence not otherwise produced by the Document Production department.
* Proof reading and checking of final documents as authorised by Solicitors preparing and collating all necessary attachments prior to despatch.
* Provision of quality control and service feedback to the Document Production Team.
* Liaising with the Document Production Team as necessary to ensure all documents are produced within the required deadlines.
* Liaising with the Administration hub to ensure effective delivery of:
Ø Closing of files and archiving.
Ø Scanning, copying or faxing.
Ø Preparation of bundles or binding.
Ø Production of CD covers, labels and bibles.
Ø Sorting and distribution of post.
* Liaising with Solicitors and/or clients to efficiently complete the file opening process. Maintenance of Solicitors’ electronic and hard copy files.
* Acting as a point of contact in the absence of an executive liaising with clients, other professionals and colleagues on their behalf.
* Assisting Solicitors with management of client accounts and liaising with Finance Department as necessary.
* Diary management.
* Recording of undertakings.
* Organising external and internal meetings on behalf of Solicitors.
* Preparation and completion of any forms, searches, applications relevant to client matters.
* Any other duties as reasonably requested in keeping with the general profile of the role.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
Previous secretarial experience is essential
Glu recruit are an equal opportunities employer
- Job Location
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- United Kingdom