Project Manager – Intl Think Tank – 5MTH Contract £34-41K PR (£18.50-£22.50phr)
The PM will be responsible for the project management cycle, coordinating the delivery of outputs to time and to budget, contributing to and taking ownership of the work plan, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders and maintaining up to date information on project finances, delivery, timeline and risks. They will work both independently and with the Technical Lead(s) to ensure the successful delivery of projects against milestones and budgets and in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
* Facilitate and coordinate inputs from key stakeholders concerning scope, schedule, budget, risk and quality for each project.
* Coordinate and contribute to the development of project work plans with the project team, establishing and monitoring project controls related to scope, schedule, budget, risk and quality.
* Monitor project deliverables against contractual requirements and invoicing schedules.
* Identify, manage and mitigate project risks. Escalate more complex issues to Senior PMs, Strategic Operations Managers and/or Director of Project Management for resolution, as needed.
* Liaise with the donors on contractual matters, ensuring both compliance with donor requirements and the safeguarding of the interests of the company, demonstrating a good understanding of the organisation’s needs and ‘red-lines’.
* Ensure the correct and effective set up, the financial management and closure of allocated projects following procedures and donor requirements.
* Model the financial impact of resourcing options proposed by the Technical Lead throughout the project life cycle and propose alternatives and/or manage risks associated with potential losses.
Knowledge and qualifications
* Education to Masters’ degree level or equivalent level of experience
* level of relevant Knowledge of project cycle management
* Thorough understanding of different costing models
* Solid understanding of financial management as part of the project cycle
* Experience managing medium to large sized projects throughout the full project cycle
* Experience of working within complex business models and of managing projects to maximise their contribution to the organisation’s financial and strategic objectives.
* Experience of costing and budgeting according to different models and templates.
* Experience of coordinating project teams
* Ability to lead and coordinate complex project teams
* Advanced IT skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and databases
* Ability to write well and to prepare reports with minimum supervision
* Multitasking skills in a high-pressure environment
* Effective communication skills
* Foreign language skills (in particular French, Spanish, German, Arabic)
- Job Location
- United Kingdom